Monday, March 3, 2008

Start of the season in sight

The buzz has started! Getting ready for a fantastic 2008 sailing season!

We have registered for the "Hemelvaartstocht" to Lowestoft. This year will be the first time I will officially enter in the organized trip to Lowestoft.

The idea is to take Dannick to IJmuiden where from where we will start on the 30th of April in the evening. We hope to arrive in Lowestoft in the afternoon of the 1st. The trip back will be on the 3rd. This time my uncle Philip and cousin Mark will crew together with my dad Dan. Mark and Philip will come from the UK, sail back to Lowestoft on Dannick and sail back to Muiden and head back to the UK after that. But we will have some fun!

The boat is now lying indoors with her hull in a sinlge coat of wax. I will give her another coat of special UV protective wax before she is launched. Also she needs a good scrubbing of het topsides. Important for our Lowestoft trip is the new radar reflector that is going to be mounted. Apart from a much better visibility the old reflector was collecting moisture so I had it replaced for this smaller but much more effective model.

Cheers

Nick

2 comments:

Maatskip" said...

Hi Nick,
What kind of reflector are you going to use? I need a new one too but read some terrible tests about most available models (that also fit a sailing yacht).
Menno

Dannick said...

Hi Menno,
I will be fitting the normal size tri-lens reflector. I was shocked by the test in the Waterkampioen to see that my current reflector was deemed USELESS! I am going for the tri-lens because it is easy to mount, good recflections even at an angle and durable.
Hope this helps!
Cheers
Nick