Friday, December 28, 2007

2007 Liveaboard trials?

In June of 2007 I bought my new house. I had to vacate my old appartment on the first of may and we needed to do lots of work in the new house. All in all this meant that I had to live on board from the first of may until somewhere in August. I must say that I realy loved it!
Yes it was a bit cramped, especialy when Mariska and Mika were there in the weekends. But I was on board, had wireless internet in the marina so I also had live tv (www.uitzendinggemist.nl), I had a restaurant/bar within 100m and I could take her for a sail whenever I wanted to. In the first months I did so regularly but when the house came in to play it got a bit too much.
The room on board was fine, I had hot water and a shower available and I managed to stow allmost all my belonings on board. All in all I had a great three months living aboard and I wouldn't have missed it for the wordt. I don't know if it would have been as much fun without all the shore facilities in Muiden.

Cheers
Nick

No comments: