Saturday, December 29, 2007

Clubkampioenschappen 2007

Last season we entered the Club Championships with Dannick, just for the fun of it. My dad and sister Sam were crew for the weekend. We had a great time with absolutly no wind and coming in allmost last in most of the races.
This was our first race together and we wanted to use the gennaker. However the upwind-downwind racecourse made this tough so we flew her of the spinnaker pole. I don't believe this helped our speed of handling much but it was fun trying. It also lead me to become sure that I want a real spinnaker for her which I will use much more than this reachingsail.
In the last race we lost the spinnaker halyard up in the mast and because there was absolutely no wind at all and therefore noting else to do we decided to go aloft to get it. My sister Sam was the chosen volunteer and she went up like a trooper, camera in hand to make some great pictures. Here are the results of her efforts. The results of our efforts in regards to the races I would like to keep to myself.

Cheers
Nick

2 comments:

Maatskip" said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maatskip" said...

Give it another try with some more wind... The 34P needs at least 10kts of wind for being a competitive ship!